Blue Plymouth Rock

These birds are not plymouth rocks.
Two years ago the overseas company said they were a cross of a "barred Plymouth and an old Analusian type"
Last year they changed it to a "barred Plymouth type and a blue Plymouth tyoe"
They also use a splash not a blue to produce the 100% blue offspring.
The hatcheries should stop using the plymouth name since there is already a blue variety Plymouth rock. The real blue PR iis fairly rare in the states and this labeling is gonna cause chaos for that variety.

Not to pile on...but, the Farm and Home where I purchased my chicks were very convincing that my girls were pure breeds from certified stock. Not knowing anything about the industry, I took their word for it. I love all of my girls, but it seems that only my White Leghorn is a legit breed...all of the others are basically mutts that are hard to trace back to what they really are. It is nice to have knowledgeable people here to help those of us learning about our breeds.

C3516A99-65FC-4AD1-956C-5B91AA7504B7.jpeg
AFAEC084-A32F-40C9-BAEA-3F361403A03F.jpeg
This is Merida, one of my two Blue Plymouth Rock pullets. I promise she’s not mean like she appears to be in the pictures 😂She’s six months old, and probably a hybrid since I bought her from Tractor Supply. Of my five birds, she is almost always the first one to run up when she sees me. As a chick she would hop right into my hand, and enjoyed sitting on my lap. However, I haven’t handled them as much lately and she is a little bit more flighty.

Yes they're hybrids. Not Plymouth Rocks. Very misleading.
The Hatcheries goal is to produce blue sex links. It's anyone's guess exactly what they're using
Even Hoover's has change their recipe for making SGs.

Yes they're hybrids. Not Plymouth Rocks. Very misleading.
The Hatcheries goal is to produce blue sex links. It's anyone's guess exactly what they're using
Even Hoover's has change their recipe for making SGs.
So the Andalusian is a white egg layer and the Barred Rock is a brown egg layer does that mean the Blue Plymouth Rock has a 50/50 chance of laying white or brown eggs?

So the Andalusian is a white egg layer and the Barred Rock is a brown egg layer does that mean the Blue Plymouth Rock has a 50/50 chance of laying white or brown eggs?
I’m not entirely sure, mine lay eggs that are more tinted white/cream colored.

Back
Top Bottom