Blue- The Miracle Chick

Chaper 4- trust & integration
Since she recovered, she learned that I wouldn't hurt her. She started becoming more cuddly and sweet, and she trusted me. We had plenty of hugs, and I told her how proud I was of her.

But then, they got loud, and stinky, and poopy. They were 7 weeks old and it was time to move out! We prepared their "look but no touch" enclosure, and set up supervised free ranging with the hens.
One hen (obviously Pippin) was broody, and the other (Fries) took Blue and her siblings as her own.
There were a few fights, but they settled well.
IMG-20210528-WA0008.jpg

When Pippin snapped out of her broodiness, she didn't have many problems with the newbies that were already running around free in the run.

And Blue only got sweeter from then.

Chapter 5- Big Blue
Blue had grown into a big, beautiful hen. At 4 months old, she helped Pippin rasie her polish chicks.
IMG-20210630-WA0039.jpg

It was so cute watching them sleep in the nests together, sometimes Blue even had a chick or two under her.
Blue had gotten friendlier. Some people say chicks get less friendly as they grow up, but Blue did the opposite!
Her personality sprouted into a funny, adventurous, sweet chicken!
20210726_185409_HDR.jpg

Then something fantastic happened! she was 6 months old, and kept on squatting and visiting the coop. Then she layed her first egg!
20210917_164926_HDR.jpg
20210928_075943_HDR.jpg

She got into a cycle, laying perfect little white eggs every day. A few weeks after her first egg, her brothers had to leave, they found a great new home.

Since she was 7wks old, she loved to stand on a pole in the run, I think it's because she wanted to make herself look tall.
20210928_075502_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom