Blue wheaten ameraucana roo white legs?

wanttobefarmer

Songster
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Elgin, TX
I went to a breeder in Shertz TX to get a show girl and check out their Marans. I knew I wanted a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Roo to cross with my EE's and other standard breed hens. The breeders in Shertz to my surprise bred Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. They had 2 beautiful award winning roosters in with some blue wheaten ameraucana hens that they were breeding. She said she had a 3 month old Blue Wheaten Ameraucana roo that she would sell me because she didn't need another Roo. The poor thing was all beaten up in a small pen with other roos or pullets. I really wanted to take him home and give him a good life. My question is that his legs are shiny white. Is this normal? Also all the feathers on his back are gone. You can kind of see in the picture. What can I do to promote regrowth? Also his tail feathers shoot straight up and he looks a little like a game bird. Any thoughts
59038_iphoneaugust2010_271.jpg
59038_iphoneaugust2010_282.jpg
59038_iphoneaugust2010_281.jpg

Feathers will grow back. His blue lacing up front is BEAUTIFUL.

Legs will get a tad more slate.. He is not a show bird.. .I'm culling roos because of the light colored legs.

If you are using him with EEs.. he'll do just fine.

Quote:
Oh thank you I just wanted to confirm that he was an Ameraucana and that his feathers would grow back. I love the blue wheatens and I am excited to see what the crosses will look like. Thanks

Hey It's nice to see someone from Elgin here. We just moved out from Austin this January we bought a house. It looks like you must have plenty of land. We're trying to do this on Main Street. Thanks for the Hello
Quote:

Oh wow! Welcome to Elgin! I had no idea anyone on Main St had chickens.
smile.png
I live east of town on 10 acres. I've lived here for 12 years and am very involved in the community, so I know quite a few people around here. I know some people who live on Main St, so you never know, I might even know you and not know it! LOL!
wink.png
It's a great place to live.

Back
Top Bottom