Bones sticking out in wing injurie from a cat on my 3 month old chicken, scabbed up some what healing will it ever go back to normal?

Savdye

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
i had a cat sneaking into my chicken coop and for a while I thought the chickens were attacking eachother but I was very wrong. I found the hole the cat was getting through and fixed it after losing 3 birds and a very hurt bird I kept the bird inside them once her wing dried out I moved her outside in the coop with the other chickens but she is in a separate cage so they can see her and everything but not hurt her. I went to put some antibiotic ointment on her wing today and what I thought was the hard part of her feathers I finally realized it’s 2 bones showing from what I’ve put together The cat had her pinned down and started eating her wing until I let our dogs out and they scared it away. Will her wing heal? Will it be like this forever am I suppose to do something besides keep it clean and apply ointment?

O my goodness..poor baby..can she move her wing? What does it look like? Is she kinda disoriented? Eating? Drinking? Did your dogs eat the cat? I sure hope so. Sorry disregard that last?

O my goodness..poor baby..can she move her wing? What does it look like? Is she kinda disoriented? Eating? Drinking? Did your dogs eat the cat? I sure hope so. Sorry disregard that last?
The dogs have not eaten the cat yet, we are leaving the outside now I’m her wing looks like when you take a bite out of chicken wings and you can just see the 2 bones she’s eating and drinking great and she can lift her wing she tries to fly still

The dogs have not eaten the cat yet, we are leaving the outside now I’m her wing looks like when you take a bite out of chicken wings and you can just see the 2 bones she’s eating and drinking great and she can lift her wing she tries to fly still
Can you post a picture? Then we can give better advice.

Yes, but I’ll have to do it in the morning!
I can’t get the picture till l my husband gets home to hold her but this might help the half the radius and the unis are sticking out on the side of the wing facing me all the meat is gone on it

Attachments

• EF08C21D-BB81-4A1A-83A6-EA9F9DBFBDFD.jpeg
    EF08C21D-BB81-4A1A-83A6-EA9F9DBFBDFD.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom