Bought from a breeder as Ameraucana.New pics.Is it the red???

Can you get some more full body from the side shots of the Brahma?

The deep color on the saddle/wing feathers in the first post pic made me think roo, but this most recent face picture looks more like a pullet.

Okay, full body from the side. Will do. Any other shots or angles that would help?

I could be wrong... but I think 2 of them may be roos
sad.png
I'd almost bet the darkest EE is
sad.png

I'm not seeing hackle or saddle feathers like roos have. My easter egger hen from McMurray had a very masculine-looking face. My EE roo from McMurray was most definitely a roo by the time he was 15wks old. Definite orange, saddle feathers, etc. I'm seeing pullets in those pictures...

I went through 2 sets of batteries, filled a memory card, DH, kids and neighbors all think I'm crazy and I'm not sure I got any great shots. The stupid camera has such a delay most of them only have half of her in them.
barnie.gif
I won't know for sure until the batteries charge.

Is there a better time frame or more of an absolute, like 12wks and you'll know for sure? A point of no return.

I'm just thinking - if I were already someone who shows (and apparently wins) and I wanted to start showing a different breed - wouldn't you research that breed before you bought them? If the person you bought them from was a serious "chicken exhibitionist" she would have know the difference between EE and Ameraucanas for her own birds. I'm sorry she did this to your kids.

Does she just 'claim' these awards and show birds? Or do you know of her reputation... it does sound a bit scandalous
sad.png
I mean, anyone can pay their dues to a club...right?
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom