Boy, This flu is really getting bad.

LegHorn-BusHorn

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Near STL mo
I heard on the news tonight they are making tents in the parking garages of seven hospitals near STL. to treat flu patients. Also, if your under 18, you can't visit patients in the hospital. To top it off, they are also making people wear masks in the hospital which I heard was not effective. I hope this doesn't become any worse than it all ready is. Does anyone remember the movie by Stephen King "The Stand" One of my favorite movies of all time. SCARY STUFF!

All 3 kids (8,15 and 19) had the flu in the last 3 weeks. Fever, aches, pains, nausea deep cough etc. for about 5 days and upper respiratory symptoms for an additional 10 days.

No one went to the hospital or even the doctor. Most people dont need to go to the docs for the flu....unless they are very young, very old, pregnant or have other medical conditions.

If folks that didnt need to go the hospital would stay home, we wouldnt need tents.

I am typing this as my turn with the flu is approaching. I have a low grade fever, achey and can not get warm. I will not go to the ER or even the doc unless I develop a secondary illness as a result.

I hope this doesnt sound witchy. I am just so tired of the media hype around the flu. I can scare myself just fine without their help.

Climbing off of my soapbox and getting my meds!

I work with critial power so I am in at least 2 hospitals a week throughout the entire north east and after working within the infectious disease ward earlier this year I cought the swine flu - my wife wanted me to go to the hospital but I wanted to get better not worse so I decided to quaranine(sp) myself to the back bedroom and after a lot of sweating, rest and fluids I was able to overcome it in about a week. Now keep in mind I am in my early 30's so I don't have the worries of the elderly and babies.

I had/have it. It has now been 5 weeks. 3 of the last on antibiotics and I still cannot breath.
sad.png

We all had the flu. None of us went to the doctor. Hubby and I are retired so we're not going anywhere and we kept grandson home so he wouldn't spread it around either.

Laurie

Me and my fam have not been 100%. The littles have colds that they are geting over and i had a head thing for 2 days and was dissy. But we feel a lot better in the last couple days. We dont know if it was the swine flu or not. Hope you all get better!!!!!
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Chicken Girl

Please remember that if you feel it is getting to your lungs to take it seriously!!!!! Pneumonia can be fatal, and this flu does NOT seem to target the very young and very old. My (casual) friend just died from it this past weekend. Mid 30's and very healthy / outdoorsy. Please be safe guys. We are now all going to the doc for flu shots, it was a definite wake up call. I think the Swine flu vaccine will be available very soon, like 2 weeks.

Does anyone remember the movie by Stephen King "The Stand"

that is what i thought of when this all started- haven't been sick here, but it is hitting parts of oklahoma pretty bad- they are only advising people to stay home at least a week if you show any symptoms- i get the feeling they are playing down a very dangerous situation​

Back
Top Bottom