BRA incubator!

nurse_turtle

Songster
8 Years
May 28, 2011
Foothills of NC
I'm going to do it. From day 1. Even with the shorter days, I have a WC Polish hen who has given me an egg every day for the last 3 days. The one I got this morning, I placed under my breast. I'm keeping a written journal about this insane adventure. Mostly I'm checking fertility, but doing the bra experiment at the same time. I guess this sports bra is my new best friend for now. I will candle this baby at 5 days.
93695_img_1481.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like the OP is as well-endowed as I am, and it's just not possible to lay flat on your stomach without discomfort. Most women sleep on their sides anyway, especially if they've ever been pregnant. If you were ever a belly sleeper, pregnancy changes that and you never are again.

While this is interesting... it is NOT my cup of tea. But then again, I would not choose dayvare worker as a profession either. (I love and respect the woman that took care of my kids while I had to work, and I have always said I do not have the personality for it!)

Good luck, I hope your incubator works. I wonder if they will let you draw up a diagram for the home made incubator thread...
jumpy.gif

I too am following this thread with interest. I don't think I could be "careful" for three weeks.

However, that said, I have warmed a few chilled chicks and many a chilled rabbit kit in my cleavage. It gives you a nice gentle warmth to slowly bring them up to temperature. And it's quite the sensation when the cold baby starts to move around and come back to the land of the living!

It makes you feel almost magical!
love.gif

Deb

The Bra-egg has been in the incubator since 12/26. I candled for the 2nd time tonight with a different light and the little bugger was moving all about in there! I was so worried about him. One night I think it's a blood ring.... then the next night I swear it's dead..... then tonight, a wiggler.
love.gif

I'm wondering. ....
One of my favorite hens, the sane one who's been attacked by my cats, went broody and we let her keep one egg. Now she's part of the flock but doesn't mind doing her own thing. She made her nest in the front yard! For 2weeks, since i seen veins and movement in her egg, I've been bringing it to her nest in the am, and the coop with her in the pm....when they get locked in for the night. If she leaves the coop before, she'll have her twin egg sit, just til i get up and move it to her in her nest. Well today is different! No egg sitter, she's not on nest or in coop, but playing in the yard. I grab the cold egg, and yes i bra that baby fast! Then go about my morning stuff i do. When the egg is nice and warm. ...i candled! The veins are good, air is good, movement is iffy! So now is sitting in my bra and i swear i can feel lil movements. ...but that may be cuz i dint want to lose another chick. ....it still smells good to......
What are the chances of it making it the last week in my bra?
To top it all off, I seen her near her nest and tried to get her to sit in it, but she just left it! So maybe she's done and her broody needs have been served!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom