1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BRA incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nurse_turtle, Dec 16, 2011.

1. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I placed the temperature/hygrometer probe for a spot check. It's 98.0 degrees and 51% humidity. I usually sleep on my sides but sometimes I do wake up kinda half on my abdomen, so I guess we'll see. I can't wait to candle on Tuesday or Wednesday (if I can wait that long).

I do realize this may bring me one day closer to an extended stay in the nut hut.

Keep it family friendly please.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. lswatson111304

lswatson111304 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    Milano, TX
    So whats the temp under a hen? Will it just take a day or so more? Where will you put the egg when you shower?

3. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I'm thinking the hatch day may be a day or 2 later than usual. I have a heating pad I'll use for when I'm bathing. On low, the thermometer reads 101.

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:I slept on my belly right up to the night before each of my full-term children were born....[​IMG]

5. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:I slept on my belly right up to the night before each of my full-term children were born....[​IMG]

Ah, so that's what happened to them. teehee![​IMG]

6. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    [​IMG]

I will be following this. [​IMG]

7. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Almost bedtime for tonight. I've been wondering about the turning of the egg like I would in the bator. I'm thinking just the movement and changing positions of my body would be an appropriate substitute. I keep forgetting it's under there and am afraid I may reach or stretch and lose it. I'm Keeping a snug top/sports bra on at all times and I've written the word "EGG" on top on both hands as a reminder. It's been under there for 12 hours so far with 20.5 days to go. Whew! This is starting to seem more like a battle of determination.

8. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Good luck for you and your egg's first night. [​IMG]

9. BairleaFarm

BairleaFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Georgetown, KY
    Quote:by broodys butt was 96* most of her hatch. she got mad when i tried to check humidity.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  10. nurse_turtle

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Quote:by broodys butt was 96* most of her hatch. she got mad when i tried to check humidity.

I guess she had to draw that line somewhere! Measuring her humidity must be the chicken equivalent of asking a woman's age or how much she weighs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by