Brahma Breeders thread

Ok hopefully this works. First pic is Foghorn. The Blue Broody hen is in 1 pic, you can just see her butt.

Last edited:
Thank you, apparently mine are a disgrace to their breed, lol!!! Any breeders in here located in Florida? I need some nice looking Brahmas...

Just giving some examples of what we are all striving for, with the possible exception of the one that also shows the individual feathers. That print shows birds with high tails in my opinion, especially the female.

They just had a show in Florida last weekend I believe that had a good bunch of Brahmas. There are some breeders down your way. Might check the American Brahma Club's breeders list.

Just giving some examples of what we are all striving for, with the possible exception of the one that also shows the individual feathers. That print shows birds with high tails in my opinion, especially the female.

They just had a show in Florida last weekend I believe that had a good bunch of Brahmas. There are some breeders down your way. Might check the American Brahma Club's breeders list.
I appreciate you showing me that and I definitely want my birds to be up to breed standards. I'll go look at the breeders list. Thanks again!

Now that I know my cockerel Foghorn is covering the girls my 4 year old son wants to try hatching some chicks lol. I'm getting my little incubator set up now. Wish me luck I get some babies out of this.

Good Luck...it's always fun to hatch your own birds, no matter how many times you set the eggs....one has to start...then the madness begins! Beware of the madness...cause it's exciting and fun.

bigz

This is what happens when a barred rock and a brahma produce chicks. :) I did not breed him but I'm guessing he's a bit more barred rock, but you can see the brahma in his legs

Hello. Ever since I have gotten chickens, I have always wanted a Brahma. But, there have never Brahmas for sale where I live. So, I have thought about hatching out my own, but I can't seem to trust the people on eBay that are selling the hatching eggs. Is there anyone out there that is willing to sell me Brahma eggs?

Have you tried the ABPA I think it is? It's the Brahma Poultry Association. I know they have good breeders on there that ship eggs. I've looked into it. Mineare some of the stock from the president of the association. I got them from a friend that got out of the hobby for a while because she's moving. My cockerel soon to be rooster is a beautiful partridge from the president. Google it and you should find them. I was looking at getting some from them. Just make sure you have plenty of shade during the summer. I'm in NM and even with shade I have to mist the air to help cool them. I also put frozen water bottles in their water containers and make sure I have a "mud hole" for them which means I make sure part of the ground is damp so they can stay cool. Do not get them from a hatchery. I learned my lesson well on that one. I still have 1 hatchery girl, and she is skinny scrawny compared to the well bred ones I have.

Have you tried the ABPA I think it is? It's the Brahma Poultry Association. I know they have good breeders on there that ship eggs. I've looked into it. Mineare some of the stock from the president of the association. I got them from a friend that got out of the hobby for a while because she's moving. My cockerel soon to be rooster is a beautiful partridge from the president. Google it and you should find them. I was looking at getting some from them. Just make sure you have plenty of shade during the summer. I'm in NM and even with shade I have to mist the air to help cool them. I also put frozen water bottles in their water containers and make sure I have a "mud hole" for them which means I make sure part of the ground is damp so they can stay cool. Do not get them from a hatchery. I learned my lesson well on that one. I still have 1 hatchery girl, and she is skinny scrawny compared to the well bred ones I have.

Thank you very much! When I searched the Brahma Poultry Association, all that came up was the American Brahma Club. Could that be it?
Here is the link: http://www.americanbrahmaclub.org/

Back
Top Bottom