Brahma Breeders thread

That's the website yes. Sorry brain fried for a bit so had to look it up lol. They have some really beautiful Brahmas on there. My Foghorn pic isn't that great. I'll try to get a better on of him posted today. He's huge and only about 9 months old. All of my brahmas except my poor Skye are bigger than my cats and they're big cats lol. I'm only using mine for personal use. Eggs and meat for my family. I'm not going to be showing them. My Madea is my last hatchery girl and just seeing her with the others I know why hatchery chickens suck nasty stinky toes. She is skinny and rangy compared to the others. Skye is from the same person I got the others from but shes almost bantam size compared to the others. She's more of a pet. My boys would have her inside the house if my husband and I let them. They're so gentle I can take my 2 yr old and 4 yr old boys back there and not be scared they're going to be attacked unlike the hatchery cockerels I had. So from experience I can say go for the well bred, real brahmas and not the hatchery production stock.

That's the website yes. Sorry brain fried for a bit so had to look it up lol. They have some really beautiful Brahmas on there. My Foghorn pic isn't that great. I'll try to get a better on of him posted today. He's huge and only about 9 months old. All of my brahmas except my poor Skye are bigger than my cats and they're big cats lol. I'm only using mine for personal use. Eggs and meat for my family. I'm not going to be showing them. My Madea is my last hatchery girl and just seeing her with the others I know why hatchery chickens suck nasty stinky toes. She is skinny and rangy compared to the others. Skye is from the same person I got the others from but shes almost bantam size compared to the others. She's more of a pet. My boys would have her inside the house if my husband and I let them. They're so gentle I can take my 2 yr old and 4 yr old boys back there and not be scared they're going to be attacked unlike the hatchery cockerels I had. So from experience I can say go for the well bred, real brahmas and not the hatchery production stock.

Okay. I emailed someone last night about some Blue Partridge ones (I forget what the guy's name was), and I'm waiting for a response. Thank you so much for the information it has really helped!

I'm still learning everything I need to about this breed. So far I'm happy with them. After I get my better coop built they'll be a lot happier too. I'm going to leave 1 side completely open so it stays cooler. Oh word of advice. If you have an open compost area don't let the chickens near it. I didn't think about it when I did mine and now every time I clean it up they have it strewn back out all over the place lol. I have to go clean it all back up again. Goofy chickens.

My Brahmas are by far my favorite breed I own. Aside from being the most eye-pleasing, they are the sweetest and calmest of all. So incredibly easy to work with.. I can let them out any time because they are so easy to wrangle back in since they come running like puppies, lol.

Everyone always seems most drawn to the Brahma pen when they visit. :)

My new boy

My new breeding coop

I'm on day 2 of incubation for 4 mixed color brahma eggs. My 4 yr old couldn't wait to start incubating them. Wish us luck for first time incubation. Oh and when I say mixed color I mean the daddy is a partridge, and momma could be a blue, gold, or dark. I didn't see which girl laid which except 1 dark girl I saw her lay 1. I'm excited, and my boys are excited. Knowing my dog he'll try to mother them lol.

I'm on day 2 of incubation for 4 mixed color brahma eggs. My 4 yr old couldn't wait to start incubating them. Wish us luck for first time incubation. Oh and when I say mixed color I mean the daddy is a partridge, and momma could be a blue, gold, or dark. I didn't see which girl laid which except 1 dark girl I saw her lay 1. I'm excited, and my boys are excited. Knowing my dog he'll try to mother them lol.

Dark as in dark Brahma (silver penciled), I get.

Blue, gold ? As in blue or gold partridge ?

Forgive me if I should know/remember this. Jump around to too many posts to keep everybody straight in my head.

Good luck, incubating is fun. I am just waiting for all my brahmas to begin laying. I do have a broody australorp sitting on 7 barn yard EE mixes due to hatch Friday.

Back
Top Bottom