Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Hi everyone. I'm new and was wanting to know what the standards are for a Brama for show. Or actually can anyone tell me if our roo would be considered or should I find him a new Roo? We just stared the 4H adventure :)

Hi everyone. I'm new and was wanting to know what the standards are for a Brama for show. Or actually can anyone tell me if our roo would be considered or should I find him a new Roo? We just stared the 4H adventure
smile.png
fowlman01 is on BYC frequently and judges a lot of shows in California, send him a private message with your photo and ask for breeders nearby.

Hi everyone. I'm new and was wanting to know what the standards are for a Brama for show. Or actually can anyone tell me if our roo would be considered or should I find him a new Roo? We just stared the 4H adventure :)
He doesn't look too bad for a 4h STARTER bird. Definitely don't take him to an actual show. He needs better dimonding in his saddle feathers,his comb is to big, tail angle is to high, wings are to low, etc.,etc. If I were you I would go to an actual poultry show and look for some good breeders and or birds.

Last edited:
Look at the saddle feathers on Tim's male on the top of page 24. Thes are the feathers in front of the tee all that are pointy. Notice how much more black his bird has over yours.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom