Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
Yep, that's normal. Doesn't mean all the colors are the correct ones, but when you hatch them you tend to get birds with too much black, too much buff, and the correct color. It's a matter of culling out the ones with the undesirable color( could always use a lighter bird on a darker bird and hope their offspring get the correct color ).

wink.png
Thanks. Hard to tell how some people breed there birds. Not saying they don't do it right. But just saying.
smile.png

i just recently rescued a buff brahma. she had a horrible respiratory infection and lice and mites all over her :( what are some things to look at to see if she is show quality?

Last edited:
Got a few.
I believe this is the hen I did not show.
Res Asiatic
Champion Asiatic
Same as above bird. Her back blends into her tail better than it appears in the pictures. It's also not angled up like that.
My current breeder male. I plan on adding two of his sons next year. I went out yesterday and he had fly strike on his butt rather badly
sickbyc.gif
. Probably won't get to show him at the Ohio National now since I sprayed him down with a ton of blur kote.

I've been having a lot of problems uploading photos lately as well. Don't know if it is me or BYC.

Anyway, thanks for the pics. I'm hoping to be able to see a lot of Brahmas in Ohio, there really aren't any breeders anywhere around here so I don't have any mentors. I'm hoping that I can learn a lot and more than a lot in Ohio. I doubt I'll get a chance to go there again, so this is my one shot (and works out nicely with the Brahma National). Your pics really helped me to identify some face features that I've been trying to figure out lately and just couldn't tell from the SOP what I was looking for. I've found that there's not much of a selection of Brahma show pictures on the web.

Nice birds BTW and sorry about the fly strike. I hope he recovers. I lost a dog to that once, by the time I found them it was too late.

Back
Top Bottom