Brahma Breeders thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Wynette, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Junibutt

Junibutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Chicago
    @snowbird can you at least comment on vulture hocks? I feel like I see VH but am not an expert.

2. snowbird

snowbird Overrun With Chickens

May 28, 2010
    Wolverine Country

3. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I'll get you some later today. The ones on my phone are refusing to upload to the site.

4. HenHacienda

HenHacienda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    Northern Calif.
    Ok I thought I had posted these last night but don't know what happen so....
    Here are current pics of my brahma 5 month old. I would like feedback please, thank you!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

5. brahmabreeder

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    We're definitely going to need more pictures and different angles first. I can tell you though that there are suppose to be feathers all the way down his middle toe. If he does have any, he needs more of them.

6. HenHacienda

Jan 8, 2014
    Northern Calif.
    [​IMG]

7. HenHacienda

Jan 8, 2014
    Northern Calif.
    [​IMG]

8. HenHacienda

Jan 8, 2014
    Northern Calif.
    Thankyou. I had posted a few the other day (or so I thought) but they didn't show up, not sure where they went. Here are a few others, the last one is a motion shot, he was moving his head. hahah
    Is it possible they loose feathers from the middle from foraging? I thought he had them, will need to refer to older pictures. He's 5 months old.

9. brahmabreeder

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Got a few.
    [​IMG]I believe this is the hen I did not show.
    [​IMG]Res Asiatic
    [​IMG]Champion Asiatic
    [​IMG]Same as above bird. Her back blends into her tail better than it appears in the pictures. It's also not angled up like that.
    [​IMG]My current breeder male. I plan on adding two of his sons next year. I went out yesterday and he had fly strike on his butt rather badly[​IMG]. Probably won't get to show him at the Ohio National now since I sprayed him down with a ton of blur kote.

1 person likes this.
  10. NestingHillsSC

NestingHillsSC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2012
    Tennessee
    My buff's at 3 weeks. New to Buff's, is it normal for them to be all different colors. I'm concerned with the 2 cockerels with there barred feathers. I know Heritage Reds are all sorts of colors until adult feathers come in. Just making sure Buff's are the same way.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by