Brahma Breeders thread

First egg from our Spencer bantam buff brahma pullets

4 to 5 more days ad I'll be momma to 2 adorable chicks! I can't wait! My 2 boys are getting excited also. Travis Brown, your cockerel can grow until he's 2 yrs old so he might get a bit bigger. Mine is almost a year old and he's a little taller than my knees. He's starting to get wider in the back and put on more muscle too. I haven't weighed him since I got him but I need to. Foghorn is goofy though lol. Oh I found my hachery pullet trying to sit 11 eggs the other day. I don't know how they hid that many from me but they weren't incubated so I popped them in the fridge. Madea is a stinker. So now I'm going on a good egg hunt every day to find any they're trying to hide lol. Oh and my timid girl Skye is starting to come out of her shell towards the other chickens. She's not acting as skittish towards the others. Now she's pushing right in with the when I put out their yummies. She still prefers eating out of my hand but is finally coming into her own. I'm realizing the more I'm around my flock how different their personalities are. Foghorn is like a goofy teen boy just being turned out of an all boys school around girls. Big Mama is the unruffled matriarch, Madea is the hyper crazy girl, and Skye is the quiet scholar. The others are like a clique of goofy teen girls. They're all happy talkative chickies. Now if I could only get them to lay in just the egg boxes I think I'd be set.

Hey guys, how do you get the pullorum cert? Even though all of mine are for home use I'm curious. Also how do you keep any wild birds from coming into your yards? My backyard is pretty big so I can't pop any kind of net over it without the net also keeping me, and the chickens out of the yard. I'm getting the grass to grow better for them already and a net would prevent that from happening.

Back
Top Bottom