Brahma Breeders thread

You can refer to my last post. Anecdotal at best I understand. They are inexpensive AND SEEM to have helped the fertility of the two cock-birds I am using. The pills are the only thing I am doing differently this year? Early season fertility has been un-heard of in my experience with bantam Brahma cocks. FWIW Here it is February yet and I have chicks on the ground out of cocks. Unusual......
Thank you. I think I might try these as well. If anyone else has any good info on these, please let me know. Tia!! :)

I'm hearing peeping from 1 of my eggs! Tomorrow is day 21. I'll post pics after they hatch. I'm so excited! My first successful hatches with my Brahmas. Eggs #8 is the one making noises. The other 4 aren't making any yet but I have confidence I will. Eggs number 3,4, 9 and 12 will hatch. If that means I have to assist them I will. My husband is going to keep an eye on them tonight since he's up and down all night if I'm not already in there watching them. I put an old clean burp rag in the incubator under the eggs to give the chicks a nice ssoft surface to stand on, and to keep them off the grate. I put potty pads on top of the shavings for the first 24 hrs after I place them in the brooder, and I just need to turn on the light, and put the water and chicks in for it to be complete. I think Egg #8s chick I'm going to name Little Bit. Be it girl, or boy.

I'm hearing peeping from 1 of my eggs! Tomorrow is day 21. I'll post pics after they hatch. I'm so excited! My first successful hatches with my Brahmas. Eggs #8 is the one making noises. The other 4 aren't making any yet but I have confidence I will. Eggs number 3,4, 9 and 12 will hatch. If that means I have to assist them I will. My husband is going to keep an eye on them tonight since he's up and down all night if I'm not already in there watching them. I put an old clean burp rag in the incubator under the eggs to give the chicks a nice ssoft surface to stand on, and to keep them off the grate. I put potty pads on top of the shavings for the first 24 hrs after I place them in the brooder, and I just need to turn on the light, and put the water and chicks in for it to be complete. I think Egg #8s chick I'm going to name Little Bit. Be it girl, or boy.

Congratulations and good luck.

The first chick ever hatched by me happened at 520am. It's name is Amelia/Amelio. Depending if it's a girl or boy. I peeked in at 430ish this morning and it had pipped but nothing else. So between 430 and 520 it hatched. Now I'm waiting for the other 4 to hatch. Yes it was egg number 8. I'm so happy. I have a brand new Brahma chick of my breeding.

5 beautiful healthy chicks! The last one just hatchedabout 30 minutes ago so needs to dry out some. I'm so happy.

Back
Top Bottom