Brahma Buff Columbia

Thanks for the confirmation. The breeder told me it was a pullet so now i know for sure!
Just wondering how you can distinguish them ? Tail feathers ?

Thanks for the confirmation. The breeder told me it was a pullet so now i know for sure!
Just wondering how you can distinguish them ? Tail feathers ?

The absence of long pointed tail feathers (hens have shorter rounded ones) as well as the absence of long pointed hackle feathers and the absence of the larger and redder comb and wattles which cockerels have.

thanks!

The reason I wasn't convinced was because she has so much black in her tail and neck. Also the feathers in neck and tail have some hue as you can see, but then again my older black hen also has this so I guess that's not a problem?

She is also not very fearful, even pecks our dog when he comes close. But for the rest I couldn't notice rooster behaviour like crowing etc...

Whew! When you first posted, I thought, "Oh no!" I have a light brahma that looks just like yours, & they are saying cockerel! I'm so relieved they are now saying pullet
1f60a.png
. Yay for both of us!

Do you have a picture of yours?

I was doubtful of mine because on another forum 2 people told me for sure I have a rooster. They said the sadle feathers already were visible at below pics (13 weeks)

Because of this I will be doubtful till she lays an egg!

Whew! When you first posted, I thought, "Oh no!" I have a light brahma that looks just like yours, & they are saying cockerel! I'm so relieved they are now saying pullet
1f60a.png
. Yay for both of us!
Or maybe we both have roosters (lets hope not)
sad.png
They indeed look-alike.
Especially the browner/orange patches on my chicken is worrying. Brahma Buff Columbia hens are normally a very light uniform colour..
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom