Brahma rooster, what color should I get

sóley

Songster
Feb 4, 2018
So I’m going to have to put my brahma rooster down, he’s always attacking me, but what color rooster should I get next to get a lot of colours?
My hens are buff, light brown, grey, black and white.

And my rooster that I have to put down is white so I don’t want white again because He only cave me white chicks .
So I want a rooster that will allow my grey hen and my buff hen to have some grey chicks and some buff chicks, but that can be few like the rooster to but just not all of them

I know you not supposed to mix the colours up on brahma’s but I’m not showing my brahma hens, there just pets, and so I want allot of different beautiful colours

My grey hen is in this color, don’t know what it’s called but I always just call it grey . I think this is so beautiful color .

Attachments

• 0B1FAE33-062C-4159-ACBA-B174AF3BA135.jpeg
    0B1FAE33-062C-4159-ACBA-B174AF3BA135.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi, @sóley you have a Dark Brahma hen. I have one with my partridge and blue partridge flock. You can get a Dark Brahma rooster or a Partridge or Blue Partridge, though the last two, you'd have to get from a breeder, which I'd suggest anyway to get a better tempered one. If you were close enough, I'd set you up with one. I have quite a few extras. Hatchery stock is dicey on temperament, but Brahmas should be easygoing. My rooster is a big teddy bear and so are his sons. I've never heard of an aggressive one coming from him, ever.

I'm near where GA/NC/TN come together if you are anywhere near enough to come get one.
Here is my thread dedicated to my Brahmas: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...idge-plus-dark.1116350/page-119#post-20084217

Last edited:
I'd get a blue partridge.
But then I'd breed it to that hen and replace him with a son that shows blue.
That son would increase the colors of offspring to quite a few different colors since he would carry gold and silver plus blue.

Hi, @sóley you have a Dark Brahma hen. I have one with my partridge and blue partridge flock. You can get a Dark Brahma rooster or a Partridge or Blue Partridge, though the last two, you'd have to get from a breeder, which I'd suggest anyway to get a better tempered one. If you were close enough, I'd set you up with one. I have quite a few extras. Hatchery stock is dicey on temperament, but Brahmas should be easygoing. My rooster is a big teddy bear and so are his sons. I've never heard of an aggressive one coming from him, ever.

I'm near where GA/NC/TN come together if you are anywhere near enough to come get one.
Here is my thread dedicated to my Brahmas: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...idge-plus-dark.1116350/page-119#post-20084217

hi thanks for the offer but I live in Iceland so I'm little bit to far away from you , haha

but these chicks are really beautiful, good luck to you with them :love

Back
Top Bottom