Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Last time we traveled 2 hours w/chicks, I was in the passenger seat with the box, heat cranked up in the car, and had my hand in there to keep them feeling safe.

Don't know what other people do.
lol.png
Last time I drove an hour, I just kept the heat up and had the box closed good.

Quote:
Last time we traveled 2 hours w/chicks, I was in the passenger seat with the box, heat cranked up in the car, and had my hand in there to keep them feeling safe.

lol.png

I had a little over a one hour drive to get my new fuzzy butts home and no one to hold the box on the first trip. I put some stuff on the front passanger floor to brace their box and turned the heat up on the foot setting. Then I just kept the music off and paid attention to the peeping. Loud, shrill peeping; turn up the heat. Quite, go ahead and turn it down so you (and they) don't roast. Oh, and dress with layers so you can stay relatively cool on the way back. It will get too warm for you at some point.

Hi,

Ummmm.....I was wanting to post some photos here of my Light Brahmas?

Now that they are 7 weeks old I was hoping for some further advice on their gender please. If more photos would be helpful, I have tons!

Thanks in advance for your help with this impatient newbie!
smile.png

81066_dscf4443.jpg

81066_dscf4519.jpg

81066_dscf4498.jpg

81066_dscf4450.jpg

Thoughts....please tell me there's only one roo here
fl.gif

spread out one of their wings, you should be able to tell at that age by sexing them by wing feathers. Rooster's wing feathers are all the same length. Hen's have two different lengths between their primary and secondary feathers. hope this helps!

Quote:

lol.png

I had a little over a one hour drive to get my new fuzzy butts home and no one to hold the box on the first trip. I put some stuff on the front passanger floor to brace their box and turned the heat up on the foot setting. Then I just kept the music off and paid attention to the peeping. Loud, shrill peeping; turn up the heat. Quite, go ahead and turn it down so you (and they) don't roast. Oh, and dress with layers so you can stay relatively cool on the way back. It will get too warm for you at some point.

Thank you so much for the advice!! I will have a passenger who will be on fuzzy butt watch on the way home.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I dont think so? thats only for day old-2-3 day old chicks Ive never heard of anyone sexing birds at that age by wing feathers?

Quote:

lol.png

Disposable hand warmers work quite well also.

Quote:

Disposable hand warmers work quite well also.

theya re great-use them alot for that reason-only in teh cooler moths though-never had an issue in Summer

Handwarmers....never even thought about those!! Another question, I have a small flock of 5 bantams. Once my brahmas get bigger will they be ok with them? Is this breed usually friendly towards others?

Quote:
Brahmas are very friendly and laid back. I would not, however, put with banties-they could seriously get hurt or killed from the big boys trying to mate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom