Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you guys know that I have two pairs of light bantam brahma's that I hatched from Tim's eggs and two pair of buff bantam brahma's from John Neff that I am having to sell. PM me is anyone is interested. Also have lots of light brahma chicks for sale also. My husbands health as gotten bad enough he has had to quit working and I'm selling alot of my birds. Thanks

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you guys know that I have two pairs of light bantam brahma's that I hatched from Tim's eggs and two pair of buff bantam brahma's from John Neff that I am having to sell. PM me is anyone is interested. Also have lots of light brahma chicks for sale also. My husbands health as gotten bad enough he has had to quit working and I'm selling alot of my birds. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your Husband, Susan. Darlene Hobbs told me she bought a couple of light k's from you at a Georgia show. She asked if they were in fact from my line. I told her you had bought eggs from me, so yes. She had bought some lights from me at Crossroads, so was happy to get the two from you. You might check with her if your lights are in good shape. Shes fairly close and might be interested.

Tim

I just saw the what I think are Saddle and Hackle feathers yesterday and cried. The man that I bought him/her off of assured me it was a she. there are no waddles yet at all. No spurs at all either. If it is indeed a he, i can not keep him. Not possible. I am so upset thinking of what I am going to do with him. With all the work and time I have invested in him/her it would break my heart to have him go to somewhere that did not spoil him. He is so sweet and loving. So affectionate and cuddelly. no no NO!!!!! this can not happen. What do I do now?????

I am just worried that my big guy 'Bird will fight with him if it is a he. I have plenty of room for him, not enough hens, but that can be resolved. Always need an excuse for more girls. My tajmahal is only 10 X 12 with 7 girls and 'Bird. I dont want to overcrowd and dont have the money to build another shed.

Here's 'Bird.

Last edited:
I just saw the what I think are Saddle and Hackle feathers yesterday and cried. The man that I bought him/her off of assured me it was a she. there are no waddles yet at all. No spurs at all either. If it is indeed a he, i can not keep him. Not possible. I am so upset thinking of what I am going to do with him. With all the work and time I have invested in him/her it would break my heart to have him go to somewhere that did not spoil him. He is so sweet and loving. So affectionate and cuddelly. no no NO!!!!! this can not happen. What do I do now?????

I am just worried that my big guy 'Bird will fight with him if it is a he. I have plenty of room for him, not enough hens, but that can be resolved. Always need an excuse for more girls. My tajmahal is only 10 X 12 with 7 girls and 'Bird. I dont want to overcrowd and dont have the money to build another shed.

Here's 'Bird.

If you get them introduced now you may not have a problem. I keep several roos together with my hens, they have thier established pecking order and there are no problems. Brahma and Wyandotte roos are pretty laid back, so I would give it a try.

I have some boys together too. Once in a great while the dominate boy will chase the subordinate boys but for the most part they are ok together.

If you can put them in adjoining pens so they can get used to each other for a couple of weeks or so, then open the pens so they can get used to being in the same pen. That is what I did. When they were in the adjoining pens they would face off with the fence in between them. The alpha did chase the subordinates when they were put together but there was enough room for the younger ones to run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom