Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to see a bad report on this breed. Guess I'm fortunate that my birds are nothing like that. Well, maybe they're a little messy.
OK, they're a lot messy but I still love Brahmas.

Has anyone ever met a neat and tidy chook?

Just a question. Don't jump on me. LOL If were to cross Buff Brahmas roosters with Light Brahma hens, what would I get??

Last edited:
Sorted some the older chicks today. Taking some to a swap in the morning, not likely to get anything near that kind of money for cockerels.

Did take a few shots of some the more interesting keeper prospects. Still considerable work to do, but if you squint just right, you might be able to see the potential.

would love to know where that swap is, and when the next one is,that you will be taking some of your birds too

Just a question. Don't jump on me. LOL If were to cross Buff Brahmas roosters with Light Brahma hens, what would I get??
Buff females and sort of straw colored males. There would be issues for several generations, but that is how the F-1 would be. If you read back over this thread, most questions have been answered several times each.

Tim

would love to know where that swap is, and when the next one is,that you will be taking some of your birds too

Just our small local Caesar Creek swap, 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Brought some of the black phase youngsters out of the blue laced red pen who's pattern fell somewhere between partridge and double laced, with the black necks that look so much better in blue or splash, (at least to me). Good type but really kinda subdued looking, not much pop. Went with 10 pullets, 5 cockerels, and 2 kittens, came home with one cockerel. It was worth the set up fee just to get rid of the cats.

Just our small local Caesar Creek swap, 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month. Brought some of the black phase youngsters out of the blue laced red pen who's pattern fell somewhere between partridge and double laced, with the black necks that look so much better in blue or splash, (at least to me). Good type but really kinda subdued looking, not much pop. Went with 10 pullets, 5 cockerels, and 2 kittens, came home with one cockerel. It was worth the set up fee just to get rid of the cats.
that sounds interesting, will have to mapquest that and see how far it is from us and make a note of it, i like going to swaps
big_smile.png
i have been hatching alot of the buff laced and gold laced from dan powell lines but so far my buff laced look more like the columbians or maybe lights, i'm trying to find a good picture of both so i can compare

Buff females and sort of straw colored males. There would be issues for several generations, but that is how the F-1 would be. If you read back over this thread, most questions have been answered several times each.

Tim
Yea, having the time to read through is were the probably lie's. LOL. Have so much to do. Just finishing up on my new 6x12 hen house for everybody. Still have to run 100ft of fencing today. Then I can move them over. The LB's are starting to lay along with my Leghorns. So I have to get them out of the roosters side to put them on layer feed. Getting quite a few soft eggs from both. I have oyster shells in there but they won't eat them. They just roll them in there beck and spit them out.

Anyways, was just wondering because I found somebody here that had Buff Brahma cockerels. I'm going to call today to see where he got his stock. If he has some pullets maybe I can get a few of those with some cockerels and then sell my light's. Seeing how there hatchery birds. Even though they are nice birds. Just not as showie or as big as breeder birds are. Which I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom