Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry too much about the hocks yet. The feathers appear soft and pliable. Real vulture hocks are more like wing primaries.
One of my Partridge Brahma pullets laid her first egg today, at 25 weeks and 5 days. I think that may be a world record for LF Brahma.
Is that early or late? This is my first Brahma flock, so I have no idea how long it will be before anybody lays. I'm assuming next March, since winter is almost here, but I could be waaayy wrong. My mixed flock started laying in November when they were about 6 months old.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hocks yet. The feathers appear soft and pliable. Real vulture hocks are more like wing primaries.
One of my Partridge Brahma pullets laid her first egg today, at 25 weeks and 5 days. I think that may be a world record for LF Brahma.

And the hock feathers are very soft. They actually blow in the breeze like hair.

Is that early or late?  This is my first Brahma flock, so I have no idea how long it will be before anybody lays.  I'm assuming next March, since winter is almost here, but I could be waaayy wrong.  My mixed flock started laying in November when they were about 6 months old.

That's early. I've heard of hatchery Brahmas laying at around 6 months. Most birds from breeders will take longer.

What would happen if I hatched out my Light Brahma rooster x Dark Brahma hen? Nothing show related, just playing around with my Brahma pets. I'd like to hatch out something next spring because I actually could use one more rooster. Brahmas are my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom