Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody going to the Brahma "semi" National Show at Lucasville Ohio, October 5 & 6 ?

Not I. My local club meet is that same weekend. @50(well almost) I am one of the YOUNGER ones and have to help with set up and tear down, etc. I am planning(and saving) to make the LONG trek from Tejas to Ohio in November of 2014 for the big ABA 100 year celebration show. It will of course be the 2014 ABC national as well. Say howdy to Kim and Kendra and all the gang for me Gary. Hate to miss it.

Tim

Oh Brahma experts ;)
I posted my hen and rooster pics a while ago..
ok recap.. my son wanted to put a few eggs in our little chic a bator
to hatch out a few eggs. all three took as you can see..
i think the 3 eggs he picked were from the same hen im assuming
the Brahma hen... because they sure look like purebred to me.
And...here where you guys come in.. do you think by the photo
I am correct?
These babies will be 7 weeks tomorrow
Ive never had Brahams chicks.. besides when we got the Rainbow mix chicks when
i ordered them last year.. and I didnt know what breed was what.. and on some of
them i still dont.. but the huge bird are obvious after looking them up lol.

sorry for long read :)

Billie

I've now separated them from the rest of the flock. Amazing, the pullet is so friendly, she's learned to jump on my lap for treats in just two days! Not having as much luck with the cockerel, he doesn't like to be handled nearly as much.

Last edited:
8 weeks old today. Still think that the cockerel may have vulture hocks, but I think I'll have to wait to be sure. Any opinions are welcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hocks yet. The feathers appear soft and pliable. Real vulture hocks are more like wing primaries.
One of my Partridge Brahma pullets laid her first egg today, at 25 weeks and 5 days. I think that may be a world record for LF Brahma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom