Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask but how big was that light boy? He looks pretty big in that picture.
He was appropriately massive. Most times when I go to the show I come away thinking a LF Light Cock is the most impressive chicken. I'd be willing to bet this guy has a lot of people looking into getting some Brahmas. Surprisingly a Silver Spangled Hamburg also impressed me this year. Not the bruiser type I usually go for, but just beautiful.

He was appropriately massive. Most times when I go to the show I come away thinking a LF Light Cock is the most impressive chicken. I'd be willing to bet this guy has a lot of people looking into getting some Brahmas. Surprisingly a Silver Spangled Hamburg also impressed me this year. Not the bruiser type I usually go for, but just beautiful.

I agree. I think that is why they often win show champ. They are just SO massive and impressive its hard to get past them.

Tim

Good morning, I am looking for someone to buy chicks from who raises some quality LF Brahmas. Where I live it is too cold now but I am looking to get them around the first of March if possible. I like all colors of LF brahmas just as long as they are nice birds. They do not have to be "show" quality but I just want some for myself. If anyone can help kindly send me a p.m and maybe we can get something worked out.
smile.png

Or if there is anyone in NC who plans on attending the Unifour all breed show March 1 I will be going and maybe we can set something up where we could just meet there and I could buy them at the show.

Last edited:
Good morning, I am looking for someone to buy chicks from who raises some quality LF Brahmas. Where I live it is too cold not but I am looking to get them around the first of March if possible. I like all colors of LF brahmas just as long as they are nice birds. They do not have to be "show" quality but I just want some for myself. If anyone can help kindly send me a p.m and maybe we can get something worked out.
smile.png

Or if there is anyone in NC who plans on attending the Unifour all breed show March 1 I will be going and maybe we can set something up where we could just meet there and I could buy them at the show.

Not sure where you live, but Mark Peterson, Amboy, MN raises and shows some very fine LF light Brahmas. He has an excellent reputation and is highly respected among his peers.

Not sure where you live, but Mark Peterson, Amboy, MN raises and shows some very fine LF light Brahmas. He has an excellent reputation and is highly respected among his peers.
Thank you sir for your response. I am thinking about ordering some brahma chicks from somewhere. I want as many lf brahma colors that I can get. I am in East TN

Last edited:
I really need some help obtaining some quality LF brahmas. I would be happy to have any colors. I plan on just having brahmas and some bantams which will be put up in dog kennels. I want some brahmas to run my yard and run together. I do not want to have to take a chance on a hatchery order because I might not get good ones. I really do not know what to do. I would like to have chicks if possible

I really need some help obtaining some quality LF brahmas. I would be happy to have any colors. I plan on just having brahmas and some bantams which will be put up in dog kennels. I want some brahmas to run my yard and run together. I do not want to have to take a chance on a hatchery order because I might not get good ones. I really do not know what to do. I would like to have chicks if possible
I sent you a PM

I have to ask but how big was that light boy? He looks pretty big in that picture.
He was absolutely massive. It was my first show that I've attended and I looked like this:
ep.gif
Here is my picture of him. Not as good as he was eating, but you can see his width. There was a really nice turnout of brahmas at the show. The only variety I didn't see was LF buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom