Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't usually like to get involved on these sites a lot but I do like to read them. Everyone is always asking for comments on their birds and most of the more experienced breeders on here don't want to hurt anyones feelings which is good. I thought if I could figure out how to put pictures on here I would show a few of my birds that I have had a little success with. Don't really use this for a standard unless this is the direction you want to head. If you just want some Brahmas for laying and to admire then you don't necessarily need Brahmas that look like this. I just wanted to let people look at the other end of the spectrum.

Chad

I don't usually like to get involved on these sites a lot but I do like to read them. Everyone is always asking for comments on their birds and most of the more experienced breeders on here don't want to hurt anyones feelings which is good. I thought if I could figure out how to put pictures on here I would show a few of my birds that I have had a little success with. Don't really use this for a standard unless this is the direction you want to head. If you just want some Brahmas for laying and to admire then you don't necessarily need Brahmas that look like this. I just wanted to let people look at the other end of the spectrum.

Chad
Man I love the top roo, gorgeous

I see a lot of light brahmas and few buffs. Is there a reason why people don't show the darks or did I just miss some that were posted.

Chad
welcome-byc.gif
yesss.gif
Saw your LF in Shawnee 2011. Envious.

I see a lot of light brahmas and few buffs. Is there a reason why people don't show the darks or did I just miss some that were posted.
I think its too difficult to be competitive with a pencilled bird. The Darks also tend to be smaller, and don't have as much contrast, so when side by side with the Lights and Buffs, don't make quite as much of a visual impression with regard to color. (Did you see rired1's birds. Dang.) Your right though. I just thumbed through the Jan Poultry Press and didn't see a single Dark. Lights and Buffs were well represented.

The Darks, Bantam and Large, typically lack true "Brahma" type. Good large fowl Darks do exist. I don't see a bantam dark winning BB anytime soon though. In the Large birds, lights seem to be king now. In the Bantams I think Buffs and Lights are about equal. The owner of the bird cubakid posted the link to, Alan Feaghly in California, has some of the best Large Darks in the country. Of course my buddy Chad has about as good of big lights as there are.

Thanks for posting the photos Chad.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom