Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only on nights of full moons, after being bit by a werewolf, or is it a vampire ? This is why I don't keep darks, it's all too confusing.
gig.gif

OK my D brahma show chicks have blue eyes at 2 months what i read is their eyes should be Red , Did i get ripped off ?

is there something im missing thanks Tammy
I would not panic yet. Eye color tends to change as birds mature. Eye color is a relativley minor deduction anyway. The actual color is called "reddish bay" in the standard. I tend to fixate on little stuff like that too. Its important to step back and consider the whole bird. Remember, TYPE is first, get that set then work on the "finer" points. Let your birds mature, see exactly what you have and work with what you have. I would imagine the eye color will change to reddish bay as your birds mature. Patience. You HAVE to have it if you are going to work with the BIG birds.

Tim

OK my D brahma show chicks have blue eyes at 2 months what i read is their eyes should be Red , Did i get ripped off ?

is there something im missing thanks Tammy

I have had many chicks with blue eyes. They will turn as they get older.

Thank you all for the info i was so worried as I have a standard book and out of the 14 girls 3 look Very Promising as far as conformation and color then i seen the blue eyes and was like NOooooooooooooooooooooooo.

the lesser females have the same color and the 3 males Omgosh i have 1 i really like but his feathers on his back keep getting picked out Grrrrr

Ill step back and watch its just all so new. i have one girl my fav that thinks my shoe laces are her worm snacks lmao she fallows me every where and i constantly get told to Tie my shoes like i havent already i am 43 for now lol Tammy

If you have the space, I would seperate the male that is being picked at. Once they start that its difficult to get them to stop. He won't feather in properly. It could cost you a good showbird.

Tim

Thank you all for the info i was so worried as I have a standard book and out of the 14 girls 3 look Very Promising as far as conformation and color then i seen the blue eyes and was like NOooooooooooooooooooooooo.

the lesser females have the same color and the 3 males Omgosh i have 1 i really like but his feathers on his back keep getting picked out Grrrrr

Ill step back and watch its just all so new. i have one girl my fav that thinks my shoe laces are her worm snacks lmao she fallows me every where and i constantly get told to Tie my shoes like i havent already i am 43 for now lol Tammy

Just out of curiousity, what feed are you using, and does it list animal based protien ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom