Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help what are these birds hen or Roo I been reading so much but just don't no
I'm going with 3 pullets and a cockerel. The cockerel being the one that has it's head to the left. The other 3 look pale in the face. He is the only one with red. But as always, they have a mind to foul you some times.

As someone who likes to futs with genetics and make cool new things - what does every one think of the making of new colors for Brahma and why? Do you like it and want to see more, do you dislike it and just want to remain with the standard 3? Do you think it would damage/promote the breed?

Last edited:
As someone who likes to futs with genetics and make cool new things - what does every one think of the making of new colors for Brahma and why? Do you like it and want to see more, do you dislike it and just want to remain with the standard 3? Do you think it would damage/promote the breed?
I think developing new varieties should be left to those with the ability and genetic knowledge to do it, Big Medicine for example. I think a firm idea of Brahma type would be necessary. So many with no idea what a Brahma is try to cross this onto that and end up with garbage. They then pawn them off as "whatever" "Brahmas" to the uninformed for ridiculous prices. Those who buy them continue to hatch every egg laid and sell them as some super rare variety of "Brahma". They don't breed true, they are not Brahmas. I think it is damaging to the breed. The recognized varieties need improvement, especially the Darks.

I'm going with 3 pullets and a cockerel. The cockerel being the one that has it's head to the left. The other 3 look pale in the face. He is the only one with red. But as always, they have a mind to foul you some times.
This is what a Dark Brahma pullet looks like.

200x200px-ZC-6ec6c9c2_60393_r_dark_k.jpeg

This is what a Dark Brahma cockerel looks like.

These are mature Dark Brahma. lemmerich's birds are clearly poorly colored Dark cockerels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom