Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have an old rooster. The previous owner said he was retired as a show bird but. Now that I look back... and from what I have been reading here. Maybe he was not. But I still lived the guy. Sad he is gone now :(

From what I can see of him, I see nothing to make me doubt he could have held his own at a show, when in condition. Looks to have good type.

Sorry to just bop in! But I am iso of some lf light brahma. I am not very familiar with computers!
My kiddos had their first 4-h fun match this spring. They loved it!
We fell in love with light brahma last spring. We have been unable to find good show stock in our area :-( we are located central wi The only breeder we did find is having fertility issues.
I am interested in purchasing sq hatching eggs. Please pm if you can help us on our journey!

My Lights started laying. Yeh! I just hope the eggs get a bit bigger. lol. Sort of small right now. I was told they never will get as big as HRIR eggs, but meds will do fine.

Last edited:
Sorry to just bop in! But I am iso of some lf light brahma. I am not very familiar with computers!
My kiddos had their first 4-h fun match this spring. They loved it!
We fell in love with light brahma last spring. We have been unable to find good show stock in our area :-( we are located central wi The only breeder we did find is having fertility issues.
I am interested in purchasing sq hatching eggs. Please pm if you can help us on our journey!
If your goal is to show I would join The American Brahma Club. It costs I think only $10 for Juniors or $20 for the farm. The quarterly "Scanner" has for sale ads from people who know good Brahmas. Also you get contact information for breeders in your area. There are some very successful breeders in your district. Also the Poultry Press would be helpful to you; its full of chicken showing information in general not just Brahmas. They also have sale ads.
Google either, they have contact information online. Good luck.

Last edited:
If your goal is to show I would join The American Brahma Club. It costs I think only $10 for Juniors or $20 for the farm. The quarterly "Scanner" has for sale ads from people who know good Brahmas. Also you get contact information for breeders in your area. There are some very successful breeders in your district. Also the Poultry Press would be helpful to you; its full of chicken showing information in general not just Brahmas. They also have sale ads.
Google either, they have contact information online. Good luck.

Very good information to know. I'm in the San Joaquin valley in California. I only know of one breeder in my area. It's a school actually . But I hope I can find someone else.

You can follow the link in my sig line to the ABC website. There is a membership form there you can print off and send in. Everyones welcome to join. Would love to have you all.

Tim

can anyone guess the sex of my 3 weeks old dark brahma chicks

this one on the left side who is slightly light in color

the other 1 on left again

I mentioned earlier the double laced pullet that poped up in the blue laced red project chicks last year. Not in the best condition, a little rooster rash, and the over 4" of rain in the week has made the runs a little sloppy, but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom