Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are they never mentioned they have blues. I wouldn't waste my money on those. All three( I think both hens have them but it's a little hard to tell ) have VHs which means breeding it out is impossible unless you can get a few without VHs. That will get a Brahma DQ'ed at a show. Plus their type is terrible.

If they are they never mentioned they have blues. I wouldn't waste my money on those. All three( I think both hens have them but it's a little hard to tell ) have VHs which means breeding it out is impossible unless you can get a few without VHs. That will get a Brahma DQ'ed at a show. Plus their type is terrible.

Seconding this, between the Vulture Hocks, and the horrible type I have no idea how you can call those Brahmas. Hideous.

I'm not a breeder and I don't show. I just thought they looked "interesting" and "different". Guess I was right! LOL Thanks for the heads up.

Not to mention the fact that they are selling "jubenile" birds...........
That Jubenile caught my eye right away. Do you think they are really GFF or are these people lying about that too? I should think if GFF imported any, the Brahma community would know.

Mine took about a month and a half break. Then started to lay at a fairly good rate. My seven buff pullets are producing 2-4 per day. My two light pullets, at least one per day sometimes two. No eggs from hens yet. I have two pens of both varieties. One light pen with two hens, and one with two pullets. One Buff pen with seven pullets and one with two hens. ALL cockerels this year, cock birds are slower to fertility in my experience.Obviously the hens are too...as they have not yet begun to lay.......

Tim

Our Blue Columbians haven't laid since cold weather and our pair of buff laced and Gold laced are laying but only about 2 eggs a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom