Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually been getting eggs from my Brahma girl, but since I work all day, they've been half frozen by the time I get home. :(

I have looked and looked, emailed people and tried calling but I cannot find anyone who sells partridge, buff laced, or blue partridge brahmas. I just need a pair or trio instead of a bunch of eggs that would be taking a chance on if they are shipped and I do not need 15-20 chicks. Is there anyone out there that can help me find some started sized?

I purchased some buff laced from S. Kellerman. http://highviewfarm.weebly.com

~~Was out in our woods, getting ready to cut some firewood, when I hear the pup (11 month old Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees) let loose with some deep big girl barks toward the back of the woods. Something she has rarely done yet, got me curious, and thought I better check it out. By the time I made my way through the snow and ice crust, she and Bella (German Shepherd) are shaking, and playing tug of war with a possum. Figuring they had things well in hand, I went back to cutting wood. Then getting toward dark I was sledding my tools, chainsaw, helmet, sledge and maul back up toward the house, when I hear the guineas and some chicken alert calls. When I come out of the woods, I see something moving over in the Cornish run, about a foot from the chicken door. There happily eating chicken poop was a possum, looking remarkably similar to the one the dogs had been playing with earlier. Given my limited choice of ready to hand implements, I opted for the maul. Let's just say that after the tactical application of said implement, the age old possum slayers lament of " You reckon he's really dead, or just playing possum ? " , was not a question that needed to be asked.

Last edited:
Michelle obrahma
lau.gif
gig.gif

~~Was out in our woods, getting ready to cut some firewood, when I hear the pup (11 month old Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees) let loose with some deep big girl barks toward the back of the woods. Something she has rarely done yet, got me curious, and thought I better check it out. By the time I made my way through the snow and ice crust, she and Bella (German Shepherd) are shaking, and playing tug of war with a possum. Figuring they had things well in hand, I went back to cutting wood. Then getting toward dark I was sledding my tools, chainsaw, helmet, sledge and maul back up toward the house, when I hear the guineas and some chicken alert calls. When I come out of the woods, I see something moving over in the Cornish run, about a foot from the chicken door. There happily eating chicken poop was a possum, looking remarkably similar to the one the dogs had been playing with earlier. Given my limited choice of ready to hand implements, I opted for the maul. Let's just say that after the tactical application of said implement, the age old possum slayers lament of " You reckon he's really dead, or just playing possum ? " , was not a question that needed to be asked.
Good story. My Walther P22 would have made short work of him. Carry it all of the time when I'm out and about.
highfive.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom