Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim: May I make a recommendation for the Brahma club website...The form on the website should have a way to just print directly from the website. I had to just copy and paste to word and print from there. I'm going to send in the registration paper tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes. You should direct your recommendation to Dee though. She takes care of the website. Thanks for joining.

Tim

Hi everyone! Some of you may remember me posting pix on here a few months ago. I am sorry I did not follow up earlier. You know how it goes, one thing after another. Also, I could not get my camera to work quite right. So, heres my 4 Brahmas. Tell me what you think. Which should I keep when I thin out the flock next fall? Too much black? Too much white?

Not sure what your goal is. They all look a bit narrow. The one light should not have the black in the back and cushion area. Overall the buffs look better. For backyard layers I would think they are all fine.

Tim

Yes, they are good layers, but their eggs are small. You mean narrow, like skinny, underfed? I give them all full time layer feed, plus scraps, so they eat as much as they want.

If I may speak for Tim here, He is referring to is the width across the back, spread of the tail, skull width, and such. These are all physical features resulting from selective breeding geared toward the ideal Brahma build as set in The Standard of Perfection.

Your birds appear to be healthy and well feed. Their build, or type, is very typical of hatchery stock.

If I may speak for Tim here, He is referring to is the width across the back, spread of the tail, skull width, and such. These are all physical features resulting from selective breeding geared toward the ideal Brahma build as set in The Standard of Perfection.

Your birds appear to be healthy and well feed. Their build, or type, is very typical of hatchery stock.

Yes,...what he said. Wide and broad are two very descriptive words for the "ideal" Brahma. And yes, your birds do look healthy. Thanks Gary.

Tim

I've recently joined this thread because I've become interested in Brahmas. Where does one obtain quality stock -- not hatchery? I'd prefer Large Fowl Buff, chicks or young adults.

Thanks,

Becky in (still freezing) North Dakota

I plan to get apa sop book as soon as my budget allows. I have 9 brahmas from a dark and light cross. The roos look like lights while pullets are buff colored. Is there any way to eventually selectively breed these into a sq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom