Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, 6 out of 7 have hatched. Still waiting to see if #7 is going to hatch for me. Here's a pic of the babes:

Here are the 3 1/2 week olds. Interesting to me that they all three are at different stages in feather development. I guess I'll just have to wait until they are a little older to try to determine what sex they are! I'm pretty sure one is a pullet, one is a cockerel, and really unsure about the third one.

I've found that the pullets feather out a lot faster than the cockerels. My 4 week old chicks, 2 have tails that are about an inch long and 2 do not. I'm pretty sure that the first two are girls and the second two are boys. I've only been doing chicks for about 3 years, but I've found this to be pretty consistent.

I've found that the pullets feather out a lot faster than the cockerels. My 4 week old chicks, 2 have tails that are about an inch long and 2 do not. I'm pretty sure that the first two are girls and the second two are boys. I've only been doing chicks for about 3 years, but I've found this to be pretty consistent.
Me too. These chicks are at three different stages though. I think the one with the most feathers is a pullet, the one without is a cockerel, but the one that is feathered between the two is a mystery to me. Might just have to wait and see.

I'm glad this thread is here - I just hatched 14 brahma babies the last two days. Interested in how to sex them, and the best way for feeding since they grow fast and big! Any ideas are helpful - thanks in advance :)

I can't really see her body or markings that well, but I can say her tail should look like an upside down u and not like that. A few closer pics of the head and body from the side would tell more.

SQUEEEE!!!!! I came home last night to find four fluffy Buff Brahma Bantams in my incubator! Sweet adorable babies! Hope these image links worked, because the interface was having issues. This is the babies and their parents. Such beautiful birds!

Hi all,
We have these two 1.5 week old Brahmas. I got crazy and photographed each of our chicks this morning! I am pretty certain the tan one is a buff Brahma and also am pretty sure the other is a light Brahma. Does that look correct? We also ordered a random "rare breed" bird and one of this group died, so I'm not 100% sure that the light or buff Brahma isn't the one that died. They were so little it was almost impossible for me to tell them apart when she died. It's also possible she was just another light or buff Brahma (she had feathered feet).

I would love confirmation that they are indeed both Brahmas if anyone knows for sure please!!!

The one I think is buff:

The one I think is light:

The pair together. The buff one is huge and easily the biggest bird in our group of ten assorted breeds!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom