Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my birds have began to lay! Except my Light Brahmas of course.
smack.gif

Those little stinkers better hurry up, I'm anxious to hatch.
tongue.gif

Hi All! I have a question about chicks feathering in... My little Light Brahma chick is feathering in at a MUCH slower rate than everyone else. She's three weeks old and is just now getting her tail feathers in. She has the primaries on her wings but that's it. My two week olds have almost all their wing feathers, have had their tail feathers for a week at least and have a good start on their back and chest feathers. Is this normal? I heard somewhere that cockrels feather out slower; is 'she' possibly a he at this rate??? Or is this a breed thing? I heard Brahmas feather more slowly but sheesh...

Last edited:
My experience with Brahmas (and I've kept a lot for some years now) is that the cockerels are a lot slower to feather than the pullets....

Quote:
I was worried about that...

I'm not allowed to keep roos... They're forbidded in city limits.

fl.gif

I guess I have at least another month or so to be sure. It would really bite for Tiny to be a roo though. 'She' is the most entertaining to watch in the brooder. Like having a mini, fuzzy, curious T-Rex.

I have decided to sell a dozen of my Light Brahma Bantam eggs if anyone might be interested. They are listed on the Hatching eggs auction. I have had lots of people e-mail and pm me about selling eggs, I have always said no. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
60393_pen_7.jpg

60393_pen_6.jpg

Top photo is pen #7, bottom is #6 photos taken 3-5-11. My ONLY two light pens.
Thanks
Tim

Last edited:
Can you tell me who I should contact about getting Large Fowl Dark Brahma hatching eggs? Also, how big do they get?

Carole of Fowl Visions has excellent Darks and sells eggs. Read back through the thread to find her info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom