Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought PVC tonight to make my new feeders. I am using a cap, a 3' long piece of 1 & 1/2" pipe, a "Y" joint and a plug - cost about $6.00 to make and they will attach to the outside of my coop, so no more going in to feed if I dont want too. I'll post pictures later - but I seen these under coop design forum and they look awesome.

They do work just make sure to put a screen toward the bottom of the Y connects to hold feed up for the birds to eat. It is terrific we are planning on making a few more to add to our small coop runs

Hi all,
can somebody indentify the young bird below.
My wife and daughter bought it at the weekend and were not keen
on asking too many questions:lol: about it other than being told it is a 3 month old Brahma.
I am not too familiar with Brahmas,just have a few light sussex and hybrid Rhode Islanders.
Thanks for the help.

63353_cimg0855.jpg

Last edited:
I hatched my first Brahma! The eggs I ordered were mainly Partridge but there were a couple surprise colors thrown in. The other chicks are Speckled Sussex and Silver Laced Wyandottes. Any help identifying the color of this chick? Is this what Partridge look like? She's about a day and a half old.

65741_brahma_sussex_wyandotte_chicks_2_days_029.jpg

65741_brahma_sussex_wyandotte_chicks_2_days_042.jpg

65741_brahma_sussex_wyandotte_chicks_2_days_002.jpg

I didn't write my chick announcement very well - it was confusing. I was questioning the color of the one Brahma. I picked up the Sussex and Wyandotte chicks to keep the single Brahma company (it is much quieter here now!). These are the breeds that came into my feed store today and I wanted chicks the same age as the one I hatched. Some of the Sussex are similarly colored and the Brahma's fuzzy feet make for quick ID. (Thanks sableboi for the color check!)

Last edited:
smile.png
my eggs hatched out that I got from sableboi,
big_smile.png
I am happy with the fact they are all fat and fluffy, total count of peeps: 6 fuzzy feet chicks 5 partridge 1 dark

Excited for you and your fuzzy little ones. I have three scheduled to hatch next week, 10 two week olds and 14 7 weeks olds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom