Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
63353_cimg0882.jpg

I am not sure what this lady is.She is the only Brahma in my flock(all other hens are regular laying hens)
and was bought for her good looks.I've owned her now for 3 months and she is about 6 months old.
No sign of any eggs yet.She is a very nervous girl but easy on the eye.

Quote:
Well Brahmas are slow to mature, and I believe this little one is what we call super slow. He is cute though. But I bet he does get cold, thank goodness mama doesn't mind warming him up still.
big_smile.png
I do believe a coat is in order before winter though. your other brahmas are lovely too.

3 Beautiful Chicks are finally here. Two normal colored chicks and one odd ball.

24555_brahma_chicks.jpg

I'm hoping for a for a special something.
fl.gif
Wont know for a while if I got what I wanted.

I wish they would start laying again so I could hatch some more. I got like 5 eggs and haven't had any since. Silly birds.

I just wanted to show off a couple of pictures of my Miss Daisy, and make sure you guys think shes a pullet... I have terrible luck and always think I have a girl until they start crowing! Shes kind of a ditz and walks around talking to herself, but its pretty cute. She is also the last to get to treats because she runs like an elephant. I picked her out because I wanted a lap chicken and my Mom's brahma was super sweet. We'll see if miss air-for-brains mellows out as she gets a little older.
85560_dscf2048.jpg

85560_dscf2078.jpg

85560_dscf2072.jpg

85560_dscf2086.jpg

Here's the best picture I have taken all year...

This hen I bought from Fenderspoultry a few months back. Put her in the breeding pen and broody she went. These are first babies:

684c5840-orig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom