Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Aww.. I am sorry to hear that
sad.png
I was thinking that he didn't look very well in your pictures. Poor little baby

I thought I would ask the Brahma ppl about this since that is what I'll be raising. I'm planning on getting two Hova-Bator 1602N's very soon, I believe this one is without the turbo fan. I'm only starting with a small operation. I'll be using one of the baters for a brooder, and I won't have the turner in that one. I wanted to find out if anyone here uses that model and what they think of it before I buy them. Is the fan really all that nessesary? Or is the hatch rate about the same?

Quote:
I have that model and I like it. I think it's pretty simple and I get great results with many of my hatches. I would research and post this in the Incubating area however instead of here.

I don't have a fan and I have stopped using my turner. I had several hatches that were doing well but then lost many during lock-down from a sudden drop in temp. I believe this is related to taking the turner out and there being a sudden lack of heat added by the motor. That's my belief. If you have two you can set one for incubation and have the second set up for lock-down and hatching. I want to get a second just can't afford it right now. That would make like easier
smile.png

Quote:
I have to say that I have the Hovabator Genesis with the fan and automatic temp control and I hated it. Even with the fan there were hot and cold spots in the incubator. I gritted my teeth and got a Brinsea 190 cabinet and it made a HUGE difference. Just set it and walk away. The humidity pump made it even easier. I now only use the Hovabator for hatching to keep the Brinsea clean, and only move the eggs to the hatcher when the first egg has pipped.

Quote:
thanks Dan for the Pics... I see you omited Mahogany on the pics..? I believe that buff laced girl is atleast split for Mh... but I could be wrong...

I am not too fond of how the Lav Columbians(gold and silver based) are looking...
sad.png
not a nice contrast of colors..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom