Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow brahma people!

This is my first flock. I have three Brahmas, two Buffs and one Dark. Could somebody please tell me why their combs are so different? They are all from the same "litter" so to say, so they're all 22weeks. Is it just that Dark Brahmas' combs aren't as bright and red as the Buffs?

Please don't tell me one's a rooster. I've already had to exchange one of my Brahmas because it was a rooster! I cant take it again. I haven't heard any "crows" yet! I'm sorry if there is already a thread for this, I'm still trying to learn how to navigate around the site!

88483_imag0948.jpg

88483_imag0951.jpg

Hi, and welcome to the site, and to the world of those wonderful Brahmas!

Your dark Brahma is definitely a young lady, but I'm not sure about the buff. From the angle of the picture, those look suspiciously like pointed hackle feathers. Can you post a side view?

Does anyone have issues with their Brahma's (large) not wanting to go inside their coops? Mine will go in only to eat - then come right back out. They even prefer to sleep outside. They pretty much have a chicken "Taj Mahal" - very large coop with a low (6 inch) roost.

stubbornhill,
He not only looks like a Chuck Norris..he has the attitude as well! Outside in the pasture he is fine, but inside the coop you have to watch your back. He'll come at you with a flying jump feet first like a karate warrior..claws & spurs ready!

I keep looking at all the big roos in this thread, and wonder when our Rocky is finally gonna fill out.... he is already huge compared to our other roos, but still kinda gangly, and only weighs around 6-7 lbs... he'll be a beast when he finally fills out though...

v.cyr :

I keep looking at all the big roos in this thread, and wonder when our Rocky is finally gonna fill out.... he is already huge compared to our other roos, but still kinda gangly, and only weighs around 6-7 lbs... he'll be a beast when he finally fills out though...

how old is he​

v.cyr :

how old is he? Brahmas take 12-18 months to fully develop​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom