Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My roo that was flogging everybody in sight has finally mellowed out and is being a kind gentlemen. His 3 week old sun isn't though. he pecks you and don't leg go everytime I change him and his step mom's water.

There is an old saying among breeders " You get, what you tolerate. " Which I have always taken to mean, any weakness that you will tolerate among you breeders, will likely also be found in their young, often becoming a set trait in that line. I believe it's applicable to temperment as well.

There is an old saying among breeders " You get, what you tolerate. " Which I have always taken to mean, any weakness that you will tolerate among you breeders, will likely also be found in their young, often becoming a set trait in that line. I believe it's applicable to temperment as well.
Well put!!!
wink.png

I have two young ladies added to the family. At least they were sexes as females. One is bigger than the other so I might have a little roo. They are Light Brahma chicks. Once all my eggs hatch, I will have every variety except Dark Brahmas. I have so much fun with Brahmas.

This is the chick that i think maybe a rooster next to a pullet...it's looking more manly every dayHere it is again next to another pullet. it is almost 5 weeks now.

My 9 week old Brahma cockerel is starting to make noise this week. In the morning I hear him and it's funny. He sounds like a hoarse goose.
lau.gif
He still doesn't have all of his fluff gone on his back and tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom