Bred Alpine/Pygmy goat doe for sale, WA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

My MIL has been "boarding" my goat for about two years now in exchange for her keeping all of the kids out of her (eating them). But now, she wants "Peaches" gone. I tried to talk my hubby into building a goat pen, but there is no way...especially since I'm trying to talk him into a second or third coop, as well...sigh....so I had to pick my battle! So, to try & save Peaches from slaughter, I thought I'd check on here & see if anyone is interested in her? She's a pretty small goat, bigger than a pygmy but not as tall as an Alpine. She's friendly, walks on a lead and is a proven producer, always having twins & once, triplets. She is currently bred to a Boer goat buck and due to kid any day now.

Asking $150 obo to a good home, with delivery possible.

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Peaches is still available! I took some pics of her this weekend.

The wooden structure in the picture is an apple bin, so you can get an idea of how small she is. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  3. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Oh i just love her, wish you were closer!

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Me too! Because I really do not want to sell her but she's our only goat & she is lonely! Hubby is not a fan of goats, or I'd have a small herd!

5. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    Aw...[​IMG].

Yea, I know how that goes..I really hope she gets s good home, she is sooo cute

6. Rare Feathers Farm

I'm hoping so...and I'm going to be carefully screening her new home to help avoid goat-eaters!

7. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I would love to have a milking goat. She might be too small for that, do you think? What kind of goat is she bred to?

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Yeah, she's only 1/2 Alpine & 1/2 Pygmy. You'd have to have a VERY short stool or sit on the ground, LOL She's bred to a Boer for the fourth time.

9. moms_pantry

moms_pantry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I wish I were closer.

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Me too! Where are you located? I have family in Portland and make several trips per year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by