Breed, Age, and Gender check!

Jeffross1968

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Smoky Mountains
I bought these (hopefully) girls back on July 1st at what was supposed to be 12 weeks old (I have my doubts). Anyway, I'd like to see what age you think they are, along with gender (should be all girls) and breeds. I'll list the breed we think they are above each set of pics. I've also posted some pics with our older girls in them for size reference. In the one, you can see 3 of them next to one of our brown leghorns, who is laying. They are the same size or bigger depending on the bird...

First up is Black Betty, our Black Sex Link...

102_5536.jpg

102_5544.jpg

Next we have Big Bertha, our Black Jersey Giant. She has yellow feet...

102_5552.jpg

102_5543.jpg

This is Beatrice. I was told we got one RIR and one Golden Comet. Is she either of those?

102_5548.jpg

102_5537.jpg

And finally...Opal. She should be the other of the RIR/Golden Comet pair....

102_5549.jpg

(far right...)
102_5540.jpg

So that's it...Age, gender, and breed please! Thanks!

You've got all girls, you're right about the breeds(I think the darker red is a hatchery RIR, and the other is a golden comet), and they look like they're around 16 weeks.
big_smile.png

Zaxby's2 :

You've got all girls, you're right about the breeds(I think the darker red is a hatchery RIR, and the other is a golden comet), and they look like they're around 16 weeks.
big_smile.png

x2​

I agree with the ones you are giving closeups of all looking like girls... The Red and Gold one and the white/black one next to it, in the 6th pic down, I wouldnt mind seeing closer up.

Quote:
The rest we are all sure about. The red and gold one in the back ground is definitely a roo.

102_5476.jpg

The black and white one next to him is a light brahma that hasn't begun laying, but is hen for sure.

102_5475.jpg

The ones you asked about look to be all girlie to me, too. I think they were a tad younger than you were told if they were supposed to be 12 weeks July 1 because that would make them 19 or 20 weeks and they don't look quite that old.

I wanted to add that I love the diversity of your flock, what a pretty assortment you have! Do you have any favorite breeds that are emerging out of the group yet?

Back
Top Bottom