Breed and gender questions for new chicks

THChix

Chirping
Feb 22, 2017
My husband and I just brought home 8 new chicks and we were hoping for help with the gender of our Barred Rock chicks and the breed of our "mystery" chicks. They are all supposed to be pullets but we have seen some questionable information.

Here are the mystery chicks.

My husband and I just brought home 8 new chicks and we were hoping for help with the gender of our Barred Rock chicks and the breed of our "mystery" chicks. They are all supposed to be pullets but we have seen some questionable information.

Here are the mystery chicks.

Production Reds for the red chicks and the black ones could be Australorps, Jersey Giants, or black sexlink pullets. With hatchery vent sexing, it's usually about 90% accurate. There is always a possibility of a getting a mis-sexed chick or two.

Thank you! I had just read a thread that someone posted about sight sexing chicks and was wondering if these were old enough. Excited to see what we have!

Production Reds for the red chicks and the black ones could be Australorps, Jersey Giants, or black sexlink pullets. With hatchery vent sexing, it's usually about 90% accurate. There is always a possibility of a getting a mis-sexed chick or two.

And they are too young to sex based on pictures. Try again when they are mostly feathered in.

x2

Can't wait to see them when they are older!

And they are too young to sex based on pictures. Try again when they are mostly feathered in.
I agree.

Back
Top Bottom