Breed help, please. Silver 55 Flowery hen chicks?

MaryZoe

Songster
6 Years
Jun 26, 2016
Naples, FL
Hello, I hatched a Rare breed combo pack of eggs from Greenfire Farms, and now I’m trying to distinguish all my chicks. I think I have them all Dow except the little blonde in the photo. I am leaning toward a Silver 55 Flowery Hen chick, though most of the photos online show them much more golden/red colored. The chick she’s with is the other chick I suspect is a Flowery Hen based on Internet images. Could the white chick also be a Flowery Hen? Expert advice needed! Thanks!

Pics...

Attachments

• 416643E4-93B1-4A42-9978-0EF0AAADE193.jpeg
    416643E4-93B1-4A42-9978-0EF0AAADE193.jpeg
    712.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 5C6E1956-0F80-489C-844B-7C6FC7594721.jpeg
    5C6E1956-0F80-489C-844B-7C6FC7594721.jpeg
    716.3 KB · Views: 29
  • AE266C30-F4BF-46F4-8E9B-A095BB2045CF.jpeg
    AE266C30-F4BF-46F4-8E9B-A095BB2045CF.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I hatched a Rare breed combo pack of eggs from Greenfire Farms, and now I’m trying to distinguish all my chicks. I think I have them all Dow except the little blonde in the photo. I am leaning toward a Silver 55 Flowery Hen chick, though most of the photos online show them much more golden/red colored. The chick she’s with is the other chick I suspect is a Flowery Hen based on Internet images. Could the white chick also be a Flowery Hen? Expert advice needed! Thanks!
Did they give you a list of possible breeds for the chicks? That would help a lot. However, from the pictures that have come up from Google, I think they both well could be 55s.

Thank you for your response, @JedJackson. Yes, they did provide a list and the quantity of each egg they sent me, including Black Copper Marans, Vorwerk, Queen Silvia, Silver 55 Flowery Hens, and Crested Cream Legbar. I also had some Wheaten Marans hatch from another breeder. Would any of the others make sense? I could ID all the other chicks as one of the above. The yellow chick in the photo was the only one i couldn’t place. It looks similar to my Wheaten Marans, but its legs are clean. Plus I only had 3 W Marans hatch, and they are all accounted for.
Thanks!

Are they friendly? Would they fit in well with our goats, donkeys, lambs, dogs, cats and chickens? All our animals get along beautifully at the moment, and I'd like to keep it that way. Of course we would raise the emu from chicks, so I assume it would depend on how much we handle them when they're young?

They tend to chase and sometimes kill small things like little dogs, cats, and chickens. Raising them from chicks has little impact. They gentle down with age mostly.

Hmmm. Not sure I'd want a cat killer. I could easily keep them separated from my chickens, and my dogs are huge (LGDs, not sure they'd take kindly to something attacking our cat). Are they somewhat tame around you? Our hobby farm is mostly set up to be a petting zoo for our grandkids-to-be. How old do they have to be to gentle?

Back
Top Bottom