Breed of these babies...

wolfinator

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2015
Mountains of Fayette County, WV
So my boyfriend's grandson talked us into caring for a pair of ducklings he wanted at Rural King a few days ago. He actually lives in another state and isn't zoned for poultry. He's planning on moving about 3/4 miles up the road so he's getting a jump on acquiring some ducks for the pond that'll be dug later, after the home is built. I was buying 6 Jersey Giants so I helped him pick a pair out. He was partial to these 2 babies. I asked the employee if they were Rouen's or Mallard's but they weren't sure. I'm also hoping for females but my gut is now saying 1 if each..

They're about 5-8 days old in the photos. 1 is a lot bigger than the other one.
20230906_124058.jpg

20230906_123517.jpg

Thanks

So my boyfriend's grandson talked us into caring for a pair of ducklings he wanted at Rural King a few days ago. He actually lives in another state and isn't zoned for poultry. He's planning on moving about 3/4 miles up the road so he's getting a jump on acquiring some ducks for the pond that'll be dug later, after the home is built. I was buying 6 Jersey Giants so I helped him pick a pair out. He was partial to these 2 babies. I asked the employee if they were Rouen's or Mallard's but they weren't sure. I'm also hoping for females but my gut is now saying 1 if each..

View attachment 3632318
View attachment 3632319

Thanks
@swampfox440

View attachment 3632318
View attachment 3632319

Thanks
They look like rouens!! :love
(I agree, no. 1 seems like a male since he is bigger)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom