Breed of this ugly chick!

AUChick9202

Songster
Apr 9, 2011
Utah
I know all chickens go through an ugly, awkward stage, but this one is really looking ugly lately! The guy I bought her from sold her as a Buff Orp, but she is definitely not that. I am new to chickens, but I can't find another chicken like her. She was a yellow chick and her feathers started coming in white, so I thought at first Leghorn. But now she has these red feathers coming in stripes on her back and wings. Her feet are yellow. I am thinking now she is a mutt of some kind. Any guesses??

She is on the right....

IMG_1336.jpg

Quote:
Oh...I know...the left one is a mystery too....thinking BA maybe....they are both kind of ugly right now!

Quote:
Hush your mouth!! LOL I know that she has a comb, but it is not red at all. I'll keep an eye on "her." It wouldn't be the first time I was sold a pullet that turned out to be a roo. I already have one roo in my small flock.....really don't need two
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hush your mouth!! LOL I know that she has a comb, but it is not red at all. I'll keep an eye on "her." It wouldn't be the first time I was sold a pullet that turned out to be a roo. I already have one roo in my small flock.....really don't need two
smile.png

Sorry, I just had to say it!
smile.png
I hope it is a pullet for your sake!

Quote:
smile.png

Sorry, I just had to say it!
smile.png
I hope it is a pullet for your sake!

I hope you know I was teasing! Don't you love trying to guess gender at this age
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom