Breed question

tiffany97

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Iowa
Hi everyone! I'm new to having chicks. We bought a straight run from TS and they are growing well. Any idea on breeds?

The black chicks have white tip wings and black feet.

Last edited:
It looks like the orange chicks may be Rhode Island Reds or Red Sex Links and the black chicks may be black Australorps or Jersey Giants. They sure are cute!

They aren't rhode island reds, RIRs have a black stripe on the top of their heads. Probably red sex link. As for the black ones, they could be BR, my BRs have black wash on front of their legs, and had a white feather on their lower wing when little.

Ya they don't have any markings on their heads. Maybe they are black sex links? I don't know but they are cute and my kids love them.

Tiffany: Any of these could be almost anything. The white spots on wings and the angle of the suggest New Hampshire for the brown. I thought I saw a white throat on one of the blacks-Black Australorp-, the other black looks a little reddish hued-a Black Sex Link. The reds could be Red Sex Links but not Rhode Island Reds. NO HELP I GUESS. Best Wishes.

Back
Top Bottom