Breed?

cajunsis

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
I am still having trouble figuring out what breeds of chickens I have... oh the trials and tribulations of being a chicken mom...

Meet Fred - just one of my questions... He is definitely a rooster and about 19 weeks old. He crows at the top of his lungs and compared to my other chickens, he is HUGE!

I have no earthly idea what kind of roo Fred is... and since I am still a new chicken mom, I need assistance. Any ideas?

I think he is still getting his 'big boy' feathers.

He is a good roo though, one of my 'special chickens' didn't make it in before the automatic door closed and at 11:30pm I finally heard him and went out to see why he was crowing his silly head off - it was because Ella was not inside!! Once I brought her in he settled right down.

He is a better chicken mom that I am... *sigh*

Lol...

Thanks everyone!
Euvah

Thanks everyone. I guess I am awfully confused about these Easter Eggers - it is apparent that one does not look like the other...

I was told Gussy is also an Easter Egger:

She certainly is a homely gal - and I think Frankie is homely as well... right now anyway. When he gets his big boy feathers maybe he will be handsome, right?

Thanks again everyone. I will be back with more Guess this Chick pics soon!

Euvah

Yup, both Fred and Gussie are Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers can be almost any color, and have many different features (different combs, feathering, personality, etc.). But they are still considered Easter Eggers as long as they lay blue, green, or pink eggs.

Yup, both Fred and Gussie are Easter Eggers. Easter Eggers can be almost any color, and have many different features (different combs, feathering, personality, etc.). But they are still considered Easter Eggers as long as they lay blue, green, or pink eggs.
X2. they can lay brown eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom