Breeder Pen Designs *Inspire Me*.

Maybe I'm being a little narrow minded....why would you want to move a breeder pen? It seems like, if on uneven ground, it would welcome attack from a number of predators.

haha, I dunno. I suppose if you had the room then it's fine. It just gives you the ability of moving grass patches to that your breeders can always have grass and not just dirt. But if you free range your breeders then there is no need.

I personally plan on growing fodder year round for my lot.

Here is what I do:

Currently I have four of these, and they do double duty as required as brooding houses. Each breeder / brooder house is about 3 X 4 and is in a 24 X 8 pen.

I am in the process of building two larger pens, each with a 6 X 8 house in pens that are about 600 square feet. When breeding season is done, I can then use these new pens as growout / cockerel pens, or somewhere to put chickens for sale. The main coop is 10 X 12 and has a run that's about 3000 sq ft.

Last edited:
@wsmith any more pictures. I like your discription and if you have more pics would like to see, as soon as my snow melts I am going to be building

Also note that the breeder house will be able to roostup to about 15-20 birds, or up to 10 breeders at a time each. Though I will probably only be doing 6-8 hens and one rooster in each pen. The third pen in phase 3 is for turkeys, though I could also use it for chickens if I found myself in that position.

Back
Top Bottom