Breeders in/around Sacramento, CA?

Morgan7782

Dense Egg Goo
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Sacramento CA
Any breeders in the Sacramento, California area? If so respond here with what you breed and where abouts you are located please!
big_smile.png
Thanks

Hey Morgan! I'm near Sac, in Auburn. If your lookin for chickens, let me know what breed, I prolly have a few of what your lookin for!

I have Silkies, frizzles, Jersey Giants, Rhode Island reds, EE's, Barred Rocks, Australorps, Mixed mutts (but I do know the parentage of them) Blue Andalusians, and a few more I cant remember,LOL! I'm a chronic chick buyer who just HAS to have 2 of every breed, but my passion is my Jersey Giants. I'm in the very early stages of creating my own personal line (not really a breeding program, I just LOVE them!) I am looking to slim down my flock so I can focus on my JG's. Let me know if there is any particular breed you want and I'll let you know if I have any for sale. Btw, all the chickens I have for sale are out in the coop, minimum 8 weeks up to 13 weeks.

I am in Sacramento and I Raise Show Quality Australorps! I also raise ducks (Muscovys Cayugas and Black East Indies!)and geese (Nenes, Lavander Ice American, and Canadas)
004-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

Rosecomb-Ryan-

Could you please critique (sp?) this young Australorp? He is about 6 or 7 months old, original origins unknown, and I'm not even sure he's a Australorp (he doesnt have yellow foot bottoms of a Jersey)

Thanks!!

32504_jersey_roo_n_blue_002.jpg

Quote:
He is very pretty! For a Australorp he has a very high tail as you seen in my roo he sould have a flow to his body and somewhat more wide. He is a pretty roo though!

Quote:
He is very pretty! For a Australorp he has a very high tail as you seen in my roo he sould have a flow to his body and somewhat more wide. He is a pretty roo though!

Thanks Rosecomb-Ryan! I think his back is very short, but it has gotten a bit longer as he has gotten older (pic is about 4 weeks ago) And I have been told his tail is "squirrelly" (I hvae no idea how else to spell that, Lol) I'm keeping him only until I have a Jersey Giant roo that is old enough to take over the roo responsibilities.

But you DO think he's an Australorp, right?

Thanks again! Will you be showing at the fair in Sac this summer?

No I only show in Stockton at the PPBA Show. I mainly show waterfowl and there is no competition at the fair like there is at the Stockton show. Where did you get him?

Yep He has a Squirel Tail

Ryan (I PMed you)

Quote:
Oh, I thought the fair was a competition since the cages often had ribbons on them. Maybe they are from past competitions?

I picked him up at Echo Valley Feed store here in Auburn. Honestly, I thought he was a Jersey Giant, and that was why I bought him (I figured if I was wrong I could afford the 2 dollar loss!) I'm actually pretty pleased with him, he is pretty nice, we all pick him up all the time and he is good with his ladies. His chicks have all been very healthy, 100% percent hatch rate under broody and in the bator. Havent lost one chick of his yet (hatched about 11 so far) which is more than I can say about my feed store chicks. Same treatment all around, but my homegrown halfbreeds are pretty darn healthy.

Got your PM and sent a reply.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom