Bresse Chickens

Spray the wounds with blu kote.

Also, if you are heating with a light, get a red heat bulb. That will calm them down.

I like brooder plates--give the chicks a place to hide.

I am using the paint on blue coat, no light. That are in a temp controlled room. I spent a good while today just watching them. They do not seem to be over preening although all of the damaged areas are within beaks reach. I've checked and checked for mites, but have not found any or any signs of them. I'm temped to bathe them all anyhow just in case. The 2 Isbars in there show no signs at all. Very frustrating!

I am using the paint on blue coat, no light. That are in a temp controlled room. I spent a good while today just watching them. They do not seem to be over preening although all of the damaged areas are within beaks reach. I've checked and checked for mites, but have not found any or any signs of them. I'm temped to bathe them all anyhow just in case. The 2 Isbars in there show no signs at all. Very frustrating!

Hey lady! :frow

Hows this coming?

I had the same issue with a few of mine .I used blue Côte too. Chickens are attracted to red, pink is close enough to get them pecking each other. Pam

Does anyone else get an extra satisfying feel from picking up their Bresse Roo? They are some seriously hefty and docile gentlemen!

And a general question. I am currently working with two lines of Bresse here on our farm, the first is a nice mix of breeders across the states and the second is straight GFF. My first mixed line produced a perfectly all white bird with blue legs and feet that are nice and even blue.

The GFF line produced birds that have almost dirty looking plumage, they are somewhat muddy/purple in their tint. Their combs are nice and red, their legs/feet are an extremely dark and impressive blue but those feathers that are not perfectly white give me pause and I am deciding not to breed them this year. Anyone seen the same thing from GFF?

I am looking for a mature replacement Breeder white rooster. Please send me a message if you have anything. Must be NPIP and able to ship Thanks!
Good luck in your hatching endevor!!
Does anyone else get an extra satisfying feel from picking up their Bresse Roo? They are some seriously hefty and docile gentlemen! And a general question. I am currently working with two lines of Bresse here on our farm, the first is a nice mix of breeders across the states and the second is straight GFF. My first mixed line produced a perfectly all white bird with blue legs and feet that are nice and even blue. The GFF line produced birds that have almost dirty looking plumage, they are somewhat muddy/purple in their tint. Their combs are nice and red, their legs/feet are an extremely dark and impressive blue but those feathers that are not perfectly white give me pause and I am deciding not to breed them this year. Anyone seen the same thing from GFF?
Such Beautiful birds your raising there! I dont know much about breeding to answer your second question, workin on that :) but i wanted to remark on how much i :love my sweet sweet Bresse (GFF line) i hatched them and theyre only about 12 wks old. Theyre not imprinted but your right, there is so much satisfaction there and im so glad i was put onto such an amazing breed!

Does anyone else get an extra satisfying feel from picking up their Bresse Roo? They are some seriously hefty and docile gentlemen! And a general question. I am currently working with two lines of Bresse here on our farm, the first is a nice mix of breeders across the states and the second is straight GFF. My first mixed line produced a perfectly all white bird with blue legs and feet that are nice and even blue. The GFF line produced birds that have almost dirty looking plumage, they are somewhat muddy/purple in their tint. Their combs are nice and red, their legs/feet are an extremely dark and impressive blue but those feathers that are not perfectly white give me pause and I am deciding not to breed them this year. Anyone seen the same thing from GFF?
I have green fire Bresse as far as that goes your other line most likely green fire too. They state the pics on their site are the quality of birds they have that as a breeder you choose the best ones of what you bought to mate. Just like any breeding program not every offspring are show quality you cull the ones that aren't up to your standards. Of my 8 breese from there one has a yellowish tinge to some of his feathers so I don't breed him. I'm suprized how good of egg layers they are. I like there temperament too. Pam

How is the bresse taste compare to Siver Grey Dorking? I have been looking for an answer for awhile, but no luck. Anyone?

Never tried a dorking but have a freezer full of bresse. The bresse taste wonderful when I slow roast
Not nearly as meaty as your typical garbage collector poop machines.

Back
Top Bottom