Bresse Chickens

Hi Glenda! I have only sold locally and don't have any pure bred eggs yet. We got most of our stock from a breeder in the upper peninsula of Michigan. We also bought hatching eggs from Sunbird Farms but I don't think he has Bresse anymore. Once I get wings clipped so roosters stay in the right pens I'll be able to ship eggs. I don't want to send out mutts, lol!

Please keep me in mind and then how much for shipping me.
to let me know. then I wll get the notice on my email thanks Glenda Heywood
I will list them on my facebook site

Last edited:
Anyone selling Bresse locally? Are the cockerels priced higher? i only ask because I need to downsize for a move in the next two weeks and I can't manage the 45 I have plus my regular flock of layers. They are 5 weeks old and growing as fast as any red ranger I've had. I put an ad in Craigslist for $25 then lowered the price to $15 and no takers... I have about $8 into each one just for the cost of the eggs, incubation, starter feed, brooder supplies, losses and culls. That doesn't include any labor...
I could tractor raise them at my new place where I have about 1 acre of grass land but I would have to build the tractors quickly and of course spend more money and more labor... Thoughts? Ideas? What would a reasonable price be for a pullet/cockerel? Price per pound for fully grown dressed birds?
Should I just give them the Cornish game hen treatment?
Just rambling here but I would appreciate any input.
Thanks.
where are you located

Put my Bresse in a seperated pen today I am hoping to maybe set some eggs next week or whenever I get time. I am really excited to taste one of these birds though!!

right now we have two bresse chickens, a male and female. hoping to breed them and then sell half the off spring and eat the other half. they look good but ours right now are pets. :)

Back
Top Bottom