Bright Idea to Use, yet Save Eggs!

Smuvers Farm

Melvin Up the Taterhole
Feb 16, 2017
TN/Western KY Border
I didn't see anything posted like this, but people I've spoken with thought it was ingenious, so I thought I'd pass this on to you!

Take some egg rings, like the pic below, and put them into a pan on the stove over medium-ish heat.

egg ring.jpg

Now, crack your egg into it. Once the bottom starts to set, pop the yolk and spread it out a bit. Give it a few minutes to really set up before removing the ring mold. Once the mold is removed, flip and finish cooking.

VOILA. You have created the egg in an egg (MAC)muffin! You can cool and pack into freezer bags as is, or you can stack them inside croissant bread or biscuits with cooked and cooled sausage patties or bacon strips or ham, an un-melted slice of cheese, and then wrap them well in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Or vacuum seal individually. These become quick grab and go breakfasts, as they microwave (reheat) in less than 2 minutes.

Hope this helps!
~Deila

Every time I tried to heat up eggs in a microwave oven , they popped like popcorn and all inside was a mess. Maybe a toaster oven would work better to reheat. :thumbsup

When built like those jimmy dean frozen sausage biscuits, and kept wrapped in the plastic wrap, we've never had any problems.... but I'm definitely gonna give the toaster oven a shot one morning. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom